Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Newfoundland and Labrador (CPHR NL) is a growing association that welcomes new members. It is dedicated to advocating for and promoting the personal and professional development of its members. It is also committed to providing a forum for exchanging Human Resources experiences and ideas. There are many benefits to membership:
CPHR NL offers opportunities for HR professionals and practitioners to network and exchange ideas and best practices. These opportunities include not only networking within the province but also the opportunity to reach out to the other member organizations across Canada. The Human Resource Member Associations of CPHR Canada include:
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia & Yukon (CPHR BC)
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Alberta (CPHR AB)
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Saskatchewan (CPHR Saskatchewan)
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Manitoba (CPHR Manitoba)
- Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines et en relations industrielles agréés du Québec (CRHA)
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Nova Scotia (CPHR Nova Scotia)
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Prince Edward Island (CPHR PEI)
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of New Brunswick (CPHR NB)
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Newfoundland and Labrador (CPHR NL)
- Continuous Professional development events that feature guest speakers who cover a wide range of human resource management issues and topics are held regularly. These are a variety of event types and may be breakfast meetings, luncheons or dinners.
- Other professional development resources such as HR magazines, online resources and access to webinars and e-learning are also available.
- As a member association of CPHR Canada, CPHR NL can offer other benefits to its members. CPHR Canada, which is 27,000 members strong, has strategic agreements with SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management), in the US, the largest HR organization in the world, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. CPHR Canada is also Canada’s representative on the North American Human Resources Management Association (NAHRMA) and the World Federation of People Management Associations (WFPMA). These partnerships offer an opportunity to partner on many HR initiatives to affect policy and standards on the world stage, as well as benefit from professional development opportunities.
In order to obtain your Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation in Newfoundland and Labrador, you must be a member of CPHR NL.
- All members with a CPHR designation enjoy the prestige of being a regulated professional which signifies your commitment to professional competence and ethical practice.
- CPHR Canada is the recognized body and member representing Canada at both the World Federation of People Management (WFPMA) and the North American Human Resources Management Association (NAHRMA). That means the designation that resonates internationally as the truly Canadian designation is the new CPHR. We are also working on complete designation transferability with several HR bodies from around the world. This is the power that a truly Canadian organization and designation has.
- Exam Preparation -If you’re working towards your CPHR designations, you may need to pass the National Knowledge Exam (NKE). CPHR NL provides access to resources to help designation candidates prepare for this.
CPHR NL offers opportunities to suit a wide range of interests. Getting involved is a great way to meet others in the field and an excellent forum for exchanging ideas and sharing expertise. Volunteering at CPHR NL is a rewarding membership experience and volunteers are critical to the association’s continued success. Our members are the heart and soul of our organization. Their willingness to volunteer and share their extensive knowledge and valuable experiences are what enables us to move forward with our initiatives and programs.
CPHR NL’s mandate is to continuously evolve the Human Resources profession and its recognition within the business community and the general public. We have multiple committees such as the;
- Certification Committees
- Membership Committee
- Professional Development Committee
- Communication Committee
- Self-regulation Committee
- Accreditation Committee
Committee volunteers are ambassadors that identify and recommend opportunities to promote the value of the CPHR designation to members and external stakeholders. They seek to instill pride in the Human Resources profession in order for it to be seen as a profession on par with other leading professional groups – engineers, accountants, lawyers, etc. Being a volunteer on a CPHR NL Committee will provide you the opportunity to influence how the profession is perceived by both HR professionals and other business professionals and partners. It is also a chance to help shape the future of CPHR NL and the profession so it continues to meet the needs of our future HR leaders and the businesses that employ them.
Employers reach out to CPHR NL’s members when they are looking to recruit talented HR professionals. Our member have access to all these postings upon login.