As a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR), you are required to maintain the currency of your CPHR designation through meeting the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Requirements.
In order to maintain your CPHR designation with us, CPHR holders are required to:
- Be a member in good standing with CPHR Newfoundland & Labrador, including up-to-date member and CPHR dues.
- Annually report CPD hours and report on time
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct
CPHR Newfoundland & Labrador’s CPD Standard requires a minimum of 10 hours of professional development hours each year with a rolling three-year total of 60 hours.
CPD hours for each calendar year must be submitted by January 15th of the following year.
To submit your CPD hours:
- Log into your profile
- Select Manage Profile
- Click on Professional Development
- Add entry
- Print transcript and sign it
- Submit the signed CPD transcript to our office (it can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com)
- CPHR Competency Framework
- Summary of Qualifying Activities
- Step by Step Instructions for entering CPD activities
Tips for Entering Your Activities
- Every activity must be listed separately
- Ensure you enter the date of the CPD activity (it defaults to the entry date but you may need to change it unless entering your activities on the day you complete them)
- Every activity must be accompanied by sufficient information to enable assessment against the item criteria
- The specific number of hours must be included for each activity within the description field (i.e. 2 hours, 22 hour project, etc.)
- Activities must take place within your CPD window
- Do not use acronyms for companies, courses, institutions, etc.
- Full activity requirements must be met. (i.e. partial points not given)
- Items that cross over multiple years must be entered one year at a time (ensuring the overall total is not exceeded for the particular item, i.e. a project over multiple years is 25 total even if split over more than one year).
Selection of submissions for the purposes of auditing is made on a random basis. You must keep your supporting materials and copy of your submitted log for a period of five years after the date of the CPD activity.
Questions? please contact firstname.lastname@example.org